Diamond's Indulgence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diamond's Indulgence

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elven Archer

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Elven Archer Empty Elven Archer Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 am

Swiss_Tricky

Hero Name: Elven Archer

Description/Lore: Her parents died on halloween because they had no sweets for roshan.
Now she is here to take vengeance.

Appearance:
the archer model from the nightelves should be used in warcraft3 (+ hippogryph for the third ability)
Elven Archer Hippogryphrider

since the archer in wc3 is female the dota2 archer should be female as well

Role: ganker, carry

Stats: agility (main attribute)
Str: 16 + 1.8 Agi: 26 + 2.8Int: 18 + 1.7 hp: 470mana: 260Dmg: 47-52 Armor: 2.7MS: 300 attackanimation: 0.3/0.7Turn rate: 0.7 Sight Range: 850 Attack Range: 650 Missle Speed: 800 Cast Duration: 0

Abilities:
Name: poisoned arrow Type: active, single target Affects heroes Effect: Stun, deals 50dmg per second(deals 200dmg per second to roshan) Mana 100 CD: 12 seconds poisoned arrow with stun not working through bkb
Level 1 1.5 second
Level 2 2 seconds
Level 3 2.5 seconds
Level 4 3 seconds

Name: explosive arrow Type (magic, active, aoe range 500 ) Affects creeps/heroes Effect: dealing aoe dmg in the selected area Mana: 160 CD: 15 seconds fires an explosive arrow which deals some aoe magic dmg not working through bkb
Level 1 75 dmg
Level 2 150 dmg
Level 3 225 dmg
Level 4 300 dmg

Name: hippogryph riding Type (active) Affects the elven archer herself Effect: lets her fly Mana: 50 CD: 30 seconds summons a hippogryph which expires after a while the elven archer can fly over cliffs. Adds movementspeed.
Level 1 6 seconds duration + 15% movementspeed
Level 2 8 seconds duration + 20% movementspeed
Level 3 10 seconds duration +25% movementspeed
Level 4 12 seconds duration +30 movementspeed

Ult Type (passive, single target) Affects enemy heroes Effect: the elven archer will be able to fire right clicks while walking, she will stop fire if you press the stop button Mana: - CD: - the archer can autohit while moving only working against heroes
Level 1 +20 attackspeed
Level 2 +40 attack speed
Level 3 +60 attack speed

i think this hero should be used in pubs and in the professioal scene because it has a reliable stun a good nuke for counterpushing and a good mobility + carry potential
this hero might be a little bit overpowered Very Happy

let me know what you think about it.

here is a short video about the first 3 abilities to show you how it should look like
im not able to do the ultimate because my editing skills are too bad : (

Last edited by Swiss_Tricky on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:45 am; edited 6 times in total

2Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:04 pm

QQQ Fanboy

This was an awesome hero but i really think u should change ur third spell give ur hero movement speed aswell would work great with ur ulti and i dont think this hero is so op cause of its low health good work Very Happy

3Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Swiss_Tricky

QQQ Fanboy wrote:This was an awesome hero but i really think u should change ur third spell give ur hero movement speed aswell would work great with ur ulti and i dont think this hero is so op cause of its low health good work Very Happy

thx for your reply

y i guess it would be better :)i was thinking about this as well but i thought it would make the hero even more powerful xD

im glad that you like my hero!! Very Happy

4Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 pm

86248Diamond

Admin

Glad to see you guys replying to eachother xDD

Anywho, I love the idea of your ulti! And I do agree, a MS burst on your 3rd skill would separate it more from batrider, But then maybe decreasing the duration to stabilize it.

https://86248diamond.forumotion.com

5Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Swiss_Tricky

i edited the third ability
it seems like it is something between firefly from batrider and windrun from windrunner now xD

if you have more suggestions let me know!

Mr.Chips

So I am not making this post to bash on the hero you have made but to help you improve it so it can actually win this contest cause i really like the idea Smile

I found a couple of problems with the hero and will explain these to you and say how in my opinion the easiest way to fix this.

1. The base mana if you look at your hero you have 3 active spells but a hero with only 240 mana and almost no int gain 1.6 isnt really high. Wich directly translates into never being able to cast all three of the spells. My suggestion either up the base mana to around 260-280 ish and up the int gain for the hero to around 1.9 Or you could make the spells cost a little bit less mana espicially the poison arrow.

2. the attack damage again I think you tried so hard not to make this hero OP that you made it really underpowered. A carry with a base attack damage of only 42-47 and 2.4 agi gain will at level ten only deal 64-69 damage which is the same as SF's dmg without any souls. My solution up the base damage to around 47-52 ish or the agi gain by 0.5 to 2.9.

3. Poison arrow I like the spell but it is really hampered by the fact that it doesnt deal any damage or any other effect then stun. My suggestion add a damage over time effect on it which lasts as long as the stun lasts and deals around 50 damage per second.

4. Hippogryph riding this is the skill that sold me to this hero but the problem with this skill is that it's just way too strong at level one if you take this skill at level 1 you get 90 ms and a great way to escape ganks. My suggestion fix the amount of ms you gain from 30% to 15/20/25/30% its just a bit more balanced and actually makes it worth skilling this skill past level 1.

5. the Ultimate. So there are two ways I can look at this or this skill is completely redundant (except for the insane attack bonus) or ridiculously overpowered.

The way it can be redundant is if you can only attack while moving because of mechanics its impossible to issue two commands at the same time to your unit so even if you can attack while moving it wont help you because if you click to attack the hero will stop moving after it has reached its destination and if you click to move the hero will stop attacking the target (its simply a mechanical issue).

The way this would be overpowered if the skill worked like an "autoturret" function where the hero would automaticly attack any unit that comes in range even when moving (which considering the 100% AS you gain is really fast).

My suggestion get rid of the attacking while moving thing nerf some of the attack bonus boost and give the hero an active that once activated allows you to deal a series of automated attacks on the nearest opponent(like rocket barrage but instead of a set amount of magical damage physical damage equal to your rightclick attacks).

So lets say reduce the bonus gained attackspeed to 20/40/60 and give the active 6/7/8 automated rightclicks with a cooldown of 30/25/20 seconds and 0 mana cost (because its a active effect of an passive).

6. one final thing you forgot to mention the attack animation speed of the hero which basicly determins how good the hero is for lasthitting. My suggestion put it around 0.5/0.5 with a base attack time of 1.7(its the same as sf wich is one of the better attack animations among the ranged agi heroes) this is a pretty good attack animation but the hero is gonna need it because of its low base damage.

I really like the idea of the hero and although I made a lot of remarks on the hero its because I think that you did a really good job making this hero and again this post is not to bash on your hero but to give you a second opinion on what could and couldn't work and what is too strong and what isn't strong enough.

I like what you did keep it up I hope this post helps you if you don't think any of the tweeks are needed don't be afraid to just disregard this post because its merely my 2 cents on the matter.

Keep it going.

With kind regards,

Mr.Chips

7Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 am

Swiss_Tricky

wow, thank you for your wall of text Smile
i think it really helped me to improve my hero

also i added a stupid little story >_<

8Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:54 am

ScreenguardGuy

I like the story. Very Happy

9Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:42 am

Swiss_Tricky

ScreenguardGuy wrote:I like the story. Very Happy
hahaha :-)

10Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:41 pm

86248Diamond

Admin

DAT STORY IS AMAZING.
=DDD

11Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Swiss_Tricky

glad to see that you all like my story xD

@diamond i just tried to create a hero in warcraft 3 with the skills i made up here
(my editing skills are awful)
and made a very short video about how it should look like. My problem is: i cant post a link because im a new member. Can you help me or do i have to wait with it ?

12Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:03 am

86248Diamond

Admin

wait woah you cant post a link!?!? does it tell you how much time? I'll look in the settings, but because its a free forum it might not let you on its own. If I dont find a fix, just try putting a period before, or type it out like,

youtube / sg5eg6f6e2g or whatever so we can type it out =]

13Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:26 am

Swiss_Tricky

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days.

14Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 am

86248Diamond

Admin

Bahhh, then I would just wait. You still have time. Sorry about that, I didn't know =/

15Elven Archer Empty Re: Elven Archer Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:41 am

Swiss_Tricky

nvm i added it on the bottom of my post
you just have to copypaste it ^^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum