Diamond's Indulgence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diamond's Indulgence

You are not connected. Please login or register

Naisah the Barrier Celestial

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Naisah the Barrier Celestial Empty Naisah the Barrier Celestial Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 pm

HeroCommentGuy

Naisah The Barrier Celestial

Naisah the Barrier Celestial BTNArcher

Description

Available Model From Warcraft III
Naisah the Barrier Celestial Watcher

Naisah carries with her a confidence and fortitude that contrasts her peers. Even when compared to the most sturdy and resolute heroes, her presence triumphs. Her powerful build and armor show her intention to be in the grit of things when it comes to combat.

Lore

As serious and intense she may seem, Naisah is a Celestial. While her powers seem to simply toy with and enrage her enemies, all Celestials must give back what they take. The control that Naisah manipulates is the very foundation she remains fortified on. She understands that her greatest power is not in toying with the inhabitants of this realm, but to give her own power away for as long as she can sustain it. With this in mind Naisah stands firm with the utmost control in the face of battle.

Role

Strength Support/Escape/Initiator

Stats

STR: 28 + 2.9
AGI: 20 + 2
INT: 11 + 1.2

Damage: 55-58

Movement Speed: 300

Base Armor: 3.85

Health: 682

Mana: 143

Turn Rate: 0.5

Sight Range: 1800/800

Attack Range: 128 (Melee)

Missile Speed: Instant

Attack Duration: 0.33+0.64

Cast Duration: 0.3+0.51

Base Attack Time: 1.7

Abilities

(Q) Division
Active
No Target
Naisah the Barrier Celestial BTNInvulnerable

Naisah holds her ground to cut off the enemy, whether for retreat or annihilation.

Extends a wall that is impassable for enemies. The wall extends horizontally from the direction Naisah is facing at 1000 speed. The wall ensnares Naisah. Enemies hit by the edge of the wall take a 1.5 second stun. Creates a sub ability to end the ability early.

Wall Length: 500/700/1000/1500
Bonus Health: 200/300/400/500
Bonus Health Regeneration: 25
Cooldown: 30 Seconds
Duration: 3/4/5/6 Seconds
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80 Mana

Skill Animation Description
Spoiler:

(W) Propulsion
Active
Target Unit
Naisah the Barrier Celestial BTNHumanMissileUpThree

Sometimes encouragement is greater than restriction, even if it is against their will.

Naisah pushes a target unit 600 units in the direction she is facing over .3 seconds. Destroy trees and paths over cliffs. Double tap to self cast.

Cast Range: 800
Cooldown: 22/18/14/10 Seconds
Mana Cost: 50 Mana

Spoiler:

(E) Expulsion
Active
No Target
Naisah the Barrier Celestial BTNFaerieFire

Some forces are too great to stand next to and simply endure.

An invisible barrier pushes enemies back and damages them. Foes knocked back destroy trees and can be pushed over cliffs.

Barrier Radius: 350
Knockback Time: .3 Seconds
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7 Seconds
Magic Damage: 100/150/225/350
Mana Cost: 50/70/80/90 Mana

Spoiler:

(R) Contrition
Ultimate
Active
No Target
Naisah the Barrier Celestial BTNPurge

Even a Celestial must pay for her sins.

Naisah takes the difference between her allies maximum health and total health and deals it as damage to her own total health. The damage Naisah receives is given to her allies as a temporary heal. The damage Naisah takes from this ability is nonlethal hp removal. This effect is placed on all allied heroes within 2000 range at the time of casting.

Heal Duration: 5/7/12
Bonus Health Regeneration Amount: 5/10/15
Bonus Health Regeneration Duration: 10/14/24
Cooldown: 140/120/80 Seconds
Mana Cost: 200/100/0

Spoiler:

Last edited by HeroCommentGuy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 am; edited 15 times in total

2Naisah the Barrier Celestial Empty Main problem with this hero Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Mr.Chips

I will be brief about this hero since I already made a really long post about the elven warrior today.

The main problem with this hero is that she has almost no int and no int gain and 4 actives that all cost mana. She will never be able to cast all her spells at once without heavy inteligence items. At level 6 this hero will have a total of 236 mana just enough to cast ultimate but nothing else. at level 11 this hero will have a total of 314 base mana just barely enough to cast her ultimate and maybe the secon skill. at level 16 this hero will have a total of 392 base mana again barely enough to cast the ultimate and maybe one spell.

Next to the fact that all the moving from up and down from cliffs feels really exploity(see rubick tossing people up hills or ds vacuuming people uphills) this hero will in my opinion work way better as a int/support hero who relies on her spells to be tanky/ hard to catch instead of a high str gain.

I do really like the spells of the hero (except for the push off and on cliffs thing but I dont really even mind it that much on the built in force staff the wall thingy knockback on cliffs feels exploit heavy and potentionally buggy) but i really like the basic premice of the hero it's just a shame that with the current statgain the hero can never really work.

I didn't post this to shoot down the idea of this hero but just to make you aware of the quite big flaw there is in this hero and the reason it wouldn't work as is.

I hope you don't take offense to this post it's not meant as hate it's meant as constructive criticism keep on building heroes and I will keep giving feedback if you want.

Kind regards,

Mr.Chips

3Naisah the Barrier Celestial Empty Re: Naisah the Barrier Celestial Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 pm

HeroCommentGuy

These are good calls and most are intended.

Clarification, the wall does not push onto cliffs. The force does, but that is consistency with force. The radius push does but that is also consistent (Flamebreak does this and is not hero centered but can be cast from range instead). She is supposed to be very good at manipulating positioning.

To balance this she has no mana. You need to build some basic stats and regen. If you do this you solve her mana problems largely due to her abilities having cheap mana costs. It needs to be in place because she has very high stats besides intelligence, much like CK. It will influence her items but it is simple to solve and a big reason why she is best getting a little farm.

Magic Stick: Just a handful of charges can give her push and wall, a lot of charges give her expulsion or ultimate. Standard +39 mana

Soul Ring: Push + Wall, Expulsion, Or the greater part of her ultimate cost every time. She also doesn't care about the health loss.

Treads: 8 int switch will be a ton of int for her every cast and save her tons of mana. 104 more max mana when needed.

Arcanes: Adds a ton to her mana pool and gives her an expulsion or wall push combo every use. Probably the best choice because they help her team.

Drum of Endurance: Helps her team with an excellent aura, gives her great stats (114 max mana).

Her Ult I may rescale in mana cost, but I think it is a heavy balancing factor due to the potential team fight swing it can cause even early in the game (This contrasts CK who typically skips ultimate). What are your thoughts on a 50 mana cost reduction per level so she can combo without levels of stats or items? I'm also thinking of removing the size (Static 1k or something) and mana (static 50) scaling of division.

4Naisah the Barrier Celestial Empty Re: Naisah the Barrier Celestial Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 am

86248Diamond

Admin

I'm glad you told me! I have no idea how this one slipped past me

Okay so this hero reminds me of this ONE HERO IN THIS ONE GAME that I cannot remember for the life of me.

ENFOS
ENFOS
ENFOS
omg, okay that was another wc3 custom map and it was AMAZING.
but, back on topic, good work!!! I do agree that Expulsion might have some bug issues, but no more than EMP or Vaccum.
Now on your ultimate, it seems like it would kill her too quickly. Maybe as a percentage of their lost health would be better. But then again, I think it has too. Unless she will always have more HP than the other heros, what if she does it to a pudge with 300/3000 hp? does that mean she'll lose 2700 hp?

Interesting concept, maybe I'm reading it wrong lol

https://86248diamond.forumotion.com

5Naisah the Barrier Celestial Empty Re: Naisah the Barrier Celestial Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm

HeroCommentGuy

You are reading it correctly. I think the reason I wanted it to nearly kill her is for the player to use decision making.

If you are playing the support role you can use the 2000 cast range to put 3-4 of your allies back into the fight when you are spent on mana and cooldowns.

If you are getting farm you can use your impressive strength growth, your skill division, and items like armlet and heart to time it perfectly so you heal everyone without losing so much health that you become too squishy to fight.

It is very decision making heavy on when to use it. If you aren't very farmed you have to use it earlier or risk not being able to stay in the fight.

Your example of the 300/3000 Pudge is correct. If he was the only hurt hero, you would have to make the call that him being able to fight instead of you (Unless you have ludicrous health) is the best choice. Otherwise you would have had to use it earlier or hold onto it for another moment.

I also rescaled the mana cost. The scaling is now like Sunder.

6Naisah the Barrier Celestial Empty Re: Naisah the Barrier Celestial Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 pm

ScreenguardGuy

Oh man I'm seeing some classy initiation here. Totally in my head, I'm pairing this hero up with my Sven. I'm thinking sven on the high ground while Naisah baits, the propulsion forward, the wall to trap, that's practically a 5 second disable at level 2. Or maybe even propulsion expulsion into a black hole. In my head she's a tricky hero to play, but would be excellent to play with.

7Naisah the Barrier Celestial Empty Re: Naisah the Barrier Celestial Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 am

HeroCommentGuy

Changes: I accidentally had Propulsion ending channels instead of Expulsion. Expulsion for all intensive purposes is like Batrider's flamebreak centered on the hero instead of a target point with a projectile. Propulsion is also like force staff but based off Naisah's facing direction. Reworked her cooldown and mana cost on Expulsion, it is the same as Magnus's skewer which is similar in terms of damage. I'm reasoning these changes because while she has strong positioning abilities this is her only damaging ability. I added skill animation descriptions, essentially describing what they look like in my head.

Landing big walls can change a fight, but it is going to be hard to ult and wall in the same fight if you aren't super farmed, mostly because she essentially becomes the wall and is vulnerable to a lot of damage.

Still with great timing and positioning you could split a team in half with propulsion, expulsion, and then division. Also getting forcestaff on her would be amazing fun.

Push all the things!

Of all the combos that can be abusively fun, I think one I would love to try revolves around solo mid. If the wave pushes a bit towards your tower you could propulsion the enemy towards you and then with god tier positioning expulsion them back another 350 units so they are in your tower range. Not sure what level you would need, but you could probably use division to wall them in under tower.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum